PAEC is currently looking to hire a new Office Administrator! Come work with us!
Job Posting | Office Administrator
|Post Date: April 4th, 2021||Application Deadline: April 25th, 2021||Start Date: May 25th, 2021|
|Salary: TBD Based on Experience ~ 15-20 hours/month||Employee Benefits: N/A||Career Level: Intermediate|
|Province: Ontario||City: GTHA||Office Location: Home Office|
|Associations Field: The Arts||Job’s Focus: Administration||Job Type: Part Time/Contract|
PAEC (Performing Arts Educators of Canada)
Performing Arts Educators of Canada is an association established in Ontario by a network of dance professionals in 2000. PAEC believes in developing strong programming in all areas of performing arts. As well, PAEC prides itself on high standards of ethical and professional conduct among its members in the arts community.
Aims and Objectives:
- To provide leadership in programming, increase knowledge, enhance skill and facilitate training of members of the Association.
- To encourage a high standard of teaching practice.
- To provide progressive syllabi to its members and maintain an environment encouraging growth in all performing art forms.
- To invest financial resources on behalf of its members to further strengthen PAEC. programming, operations and services.
- To encourage ethical and professional conduct of its members.
Office Administrator Position Summary
PAEC is looking for an awesome Office Administrator! Reporting to the President of the Executive Board, the ideal candidate will take over the day-to-day duties to support the Association’s Membership and Executive Board. To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong communication skills (oral/written/in person), have top customer service skills, truly caring about helping the membership, and have a strong sense for prioritizing tasks. The Office Administrator will need to be equal parts “team player” and “self-starter”. The ideal candidate will need to have a well setup home office to perform their tasks from and have a flexible schedule to be able to participate in Executive Board meetings (zoom/in person) and enjoy organizing events (workshops/conferences). A lover of bookkeeping and The Arts is a definite asset!
- Monitor and control all correspondence: phone, email, mail
- Responsible for overseeing all accounts payable, receivable, deposit, invoicing
- Prepare accounting for AGM and report/submit to accountant
- Maintain a filing system for safe keeping of records and ease of finding information
- Maintain the association’s membership database
- Manage the membership cards / renewal cards
- SOCAN/Entandem: yearly update, correspondence, filing, paying
Syllabi / Exams:
- Maintain the latest syllabi files, mailout updated version to members
- Order exam medals, certificates and maintain inventory levels
- Prepare, correspond and complete all membership and student examination procedures
AGM / Executive Meetings:
- Prepare and correspond all AGM information
- Attend Board meetings and other PAEC functions
- Maintain and update the associations forms and letters
- Website: prepare and implement updates and maintenance of information: member status, workshops, AGM, etc
- Liaise with other agencies, organizations, groups: website, lawyer, accountant
Perform other duties for PAEC from time to time as required
- Post-secondary education in administration or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Office Administration role
- Experience with Bookkeeping (AP/AR)
- Experience coordinating, organizing events (workshops)
- Strong communication skills (oral/written/in person)
- Experience working with WordPress Website (content management)
- Excellent organization and prioritizing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient in Google products, Gmail, Drive
- Must be adaptable and willing to learn
- Ability to generate summary reports (activity/financial) for the executive board
- Experience with keeping records and filing
- Previous experience working in the Arts, with a non-profit, executive board
- Knowledge of social media trends, etiquette and platforms
- Experience with SOCAN/Entandem
- CPR – FirstAid
- Provide a criminal reference check (working with children at workshops)
- Bilingual (French and English)
PAEC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, members and volunteers.
This position is remote only, the ideal candidate will need to work from their own home office space. It is for 15-20 hours a month with a salary to be determined based on experience. Must have flexibility with hours for events and meetings. This is a 12-month contract position, to be reviewed after the first three months, with the possibility for extension.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter, indicating your hourly rate, to Kerri Mezzomo at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: April 25th, 2021